Name:
Location: Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The New Year has started, and at least it has brought some clarification concerning my immediate future. I'll move to Finland, if all stays this way, on February 21 or 22 - in time for taking the exam in Contemporary History in Turin on the 13th, to re-activate my car just for a few days (14-21), and to let myself have some days to acquaint myself in Helsinki once again before my lectures start on March 16th. Some work is still left, however, before preparing to leave.
2007 has begun in a sunny way, though temperatures are quite low - but the two things are, of course, connected. They tell me in Finland it's being the warmest winter since ages - in Helsinki no snow at all and temperatures always above 0 in daytime. It's preparing for the snowstorms of the end of February... ;-)
2006 ended with the dramatic news of Hussein's execution - it could have been a more pleasant way to end. Overall, last year was quite unstable in my life: many different scenarios, not a single one very fixed and lasting. What do I ask to 2007? Nothing particular or different than usual: after all, the passage from December 31 to January 1 is purely a calendar-fact, and the starting of a new year a convention. Sometimes I'm really tempted to endorse the way of behaving they had in Alice in Wonderland: they celebrated the non-birthday, and I'd really like to do the same with the non-beginning of the new year. Life'd be much more fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phillip A. Ellis said...

Best of luck with the coming year, Massimo. I wish you every success with your course and your books.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Demian said...

Hi Massimo,
I'am really interested in Lovecraft books, and is nice to see that you are so deeply involved in this writing activity.
Is there any films based on Lovecraft books?
I know "From Beyhond" and "Witch Hunt" with Dennis Hopper.

greetings,
Demian

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home